- Especially helpful to monitor children at night
- Ideal for home use
Nocturnal seizures are a major concern for parents and carers, especially for those caring for younger children. Brio has been designed to monitor the heart rate and raises an alert if it detects changes in the heart rate. An unusual heart rate may indicate seizure activity or other cardiac issues, this can be a helpful indicator especially where no other visible signs of a seizure are in progress.
How Does Brio Work?
In many cases, the heart rate of someone with epilepsy can increase, or even decrease, prior to or during, a seizure. The Brio System constantly monitors the user’s heart rate via a sensor which feeds this information back to the sophisticated Brio app held on your smartphone or tablet. The Brio will then analyse the data and initiates an alert if the heart rate falls outside the parameters.
NEW! Add a Second Device
Our standard Brio package allows you to download the app onto one device. To make monitoring even easier, you can now download the Brio onto a second device. This can be especially helpful if your child is cared for by more than one person.
This is available for a reduced price of just £80 when you order your Brio. Just select the Second Device option when at the checkout and we will provide you with two access codes for when you download from the app store or Google Play.
Please Note: If you select a second device option you cannot use both devices at the same time as the wristbands can only send the heart rate data to one device.
- Designed to monitor heart rate which may help detect seizure activity.
- Suitable for most ages.
- Stored heart rate data can be used to assist with future care plans.
- User-friendly and discreet.
- Can be used on iOS or Android smartphones and tablets.
- 18-22 hour battery life
- Parents who are looking for epilepsy alarms for children with nocturnal seizures
- Anyone who regularly has seizures at home and has a relative or carer onsite
- Care environments with on-call staff
- People at risk of SUDEP
Please note: Device must be Bluetooth (LE) Compatible
iOS – iPad Gen 3 and above, iPhone 4 and above / Android – Please check device specification.
We advise that you use Brio on a designated device that has no other applications running. This is to prevent possible interference.